Friday, April 3, 2009

Weekly update

Alright. So our week was pretty good as a whole. It had its good moments and some not so great moments, but overall, not bad. I started my week off with a stomach bug. Never a good thing to have when you have no more days to miss work! Luckily I have a great principal who understands. So I stayed home Monday and got myself feeling better. I was sad that I missed our ladies prayer meeting Monday night. Next week I'll make it. I've been trying to pray more lately. The last couple weeks in our church class the guy who has been teaching has challenged us to start praying out loud. Sounds simple enough, right? Not so! It is very uncomfortable at first. But once you get over that its great. I really helps you get your mind on exactly what you are praying about. Of course with two kids and a husband, finding time to talk to God out loud isn't so easy. I take every moment I can these days. So Monday I had a lot of time to myself and i loved it. Tuesday was a pretty normal day at home. Once the girls went to bed, I went and worked out. Made it 5 miles that night. For those of you who don't know I'm training for the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk in November. Its 60 miles over thee days, and yes, you read that right, 60 MILES!! It took me a little over an hour to get those 5 miles, but I figure not bad. After I finished up with my miles, I went and watched the rest of Aaron's baseball game. They ended up winning, but barely. When I got there they were up by 4 or 5 and the only won by two. But a win is a win. Right now they are in the running to make the playoffs, but they still have 3 weeks of district left. So we shall see. So now on to the not so great part.

We took Ry to Cooks Children's Hospital Thursday to have some tests done to check her kidneys, bladder, and everything that went with that since she had a urinary tract infection a couple weeks ago. Unfortuanatly, we didn't get the results we were praying for. She has a grade 3/4 reflux. This means that her urine isn't flowing out of her bladder the way it should. Some of it is backing up into her kidneys. As of right now, her kidneys don't show any damage, which is a blessing. The doctor had warned us that anything over a 3 on the scale would probably require surgery. We have an appointment set up with a pediatric urologist in May. We are trying to get that sooner, but won't know anything till at least Tuesday next week. In the mean time, she is on an antibiotic to help prevent any further infections. The antibiotics don't guarantee that she won't get an infection, but it does help our chances, and if she were to get one, hopefully it won't be as bad as last time. Now because this genetic, we will probably have to have Lynlee tested as well. She has a 1 in 3 chance of also having reflux even though she has had no symptoms. Like I said, we will know more next week. So just keep Ry in your prayers for her body to heal itself and to keep her kidneys from scarring. She is a tough little girl who has already been through a lot in her short little life. I know she will make it through this.

Today was a better day. It was finally nice enough outside for me to take the girls to one of Aaron's games. We didn't get to stay for the whole thing. Ry goes to bed at 6! So we stayed till about 6:30 when Ry couldn't make it any longer. We saw about 5 innings and they were down by one when we left. I haven't heard from Aaron about whether they won or not. We got home and both girls were worn out. It took Ry about 2 seconds to fall asleep and Lynlee wasn't far behind her. Now I have a minute to relax and get our week down for all of yall to read about.

We hope everyone else out there is doing good. And I challenge you to start praying out loud. It is making a difference in my life and my relationship with God. So give it a try and see what it can do for you!

No comments: